Are you following the wrong system for success? We often try to copy the same steps of someone we admire in order to reach success. After all, it worked for them. Why can’t it work for you?
The trap here is when you don’t succeed, feel like a failure, and end up quitting altogether. You’re not the same person, so why would your system for success be identical?
Your unique habits are all you need. It’s not as complicated as it sounds, I promise. Creating your system of unique habits has five simple steps:
1. Define your idea of success. What do you want to achieve?
2. Know WHY you want it? This will be your fuel for motivation.
3. Borrow a successful habit from a mentor. This serves only as a starting point, not a hard rule.
4. Create a unique habit by making adjustments to the borrowed one in a way that serves you better.
5. Make yourself accountable to your new system for success. A third-party accountability partner is best!
Then, simply repeat this process until you reach your definition of success. You’ll make adjustments as you grow and define new goals in your life. Yet, the basic principles above will always serve you well.
What success are you working towards today?
Systems are the secret behind consistent success. The key isn’t perfection but consistency. Learn more ways to reach your goal time after time in my LinkedIn Learning course, Delivering Results Effectively: davecrenshaw.com/deliver.