Recently, I worked with lynda.com to develop a new series of courses designed to help you improve your career, job security and productivity. In the recently released course, Developing Your Business Savvy, I share why your understanding of your customers is absolutely critical to your career success.
In this brief sample video I lay out the five reasons customers are really the boss, and give you some ideas you can use to become more customer savvy.
- Watch this video and ask yourself: “On a scale of 0-10, how well do I understand our customers?”
- The next time you hear a customer complain, see it as an opportunity for you to learn how you can serve them better.
- The next time a customer asks for help, see it as an opportunity for you to get more on the job training.
- Enroll in the free 7-Day trial of lynda.com at http://davecrenshaw.com/free
- Share your perspective or ask questions on this page.
Principles to Learn:
- Understanding your customers is perhaps the most important aspect of developing business savvy.
- The customer ultimately determines whether or not you have a job.
- There are five reasons why customers are so critical to your career and why you want to take time to understand them:
- Customers equal employment
- Customers equal a paycheck
- Customers equal advancement
- Customers equal education
- Customers equal opportunities to serve
- Many people see the company as the source of their job security when in fact it’s really whether or not the customers keep coming back that creates security.
- Customers help furnish the money that you receive on a regular basis.
- Building strong relationships with customers is the fastest path for career advancement.
- Customers provide an opportunity for you to grow every time you interact.