Do you ever get bored and reach for your phone to check for new text messages or Facebook updates? Of course you do. Everybody does.
Watch this short video to find out how to use your boredom more effectively.
- The next time you get bored, don’t reach for your phone or open your internet browser. Instead, allow yourself to experience being bored for about 5 minutes.
- This is a lot harder than it sounds. Stick it out for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, get out a pen and a piece of paper. Write down anything that comes to mind.
- You’ll find that allowing yourself to experience being bored leads to increased creativity and productivity.
Principles to Learn:
- Article from Fast Company: http://www.fastcompany.com/1829462/want-be-more-creative-get-bored
- More than ever before, people have a need to be constantly engaged and stimulated.
- More often than not, people see boredom as a bad thing, a problem that needs to be “fixed” instead of something that needs to be experienced.
- Rather than trying to fix it, approaching boredom with the right frame of mind will lead to moments of enhanced creativity and productivity.