Marathon runners use a funny word to talk about “hitting the wall”—BONKING. Runners have special techniques they use to make BONKING less painful than it sounds.
If you’re running a business eventually you’ll “hit the wall,” too. It’s the point where you’re frustrated, working too hard, looking for the exit, and thinking about getting a job working for someone else.
Watch my short video for 3 things you can do to stay motivated when you hit the entrepreneur’s wall.
- Establish a company vision—a one-page document that describes what your business will look like in the future.
- Use a mini-harvest strategy to stay motivated by rewarding yourself regularly. Watch this video to learn more. http://davecrenshaw.com/mini-business-harvest-strategy/
- Consider hiring a business coach to help you stay motivated and focused. To apply to become a Dave Crenshaw coaching client, complete the Chaos Assessment here: http://HarnessChaos.com
- It’s important to think about things you can do to lessen the blow of “entrepreneurial bonking.” What do you do to stay motivated? If you’re comfortable, go ahead and leave a comment below.
- Having a future vision and purpose can help you stay motivated.
- It’s inevitable. Eventually you will come to a point in your career as an entrepreneur where you feel overwhelmed and consider giving up. This is called the Entrepreneur’s Wall.
- Everyone can benefit from external accountability. Business coaches are one of the most effective ways entrepreneurs can get that accountability and stay motivated.