Your professional network needs to stay professional, but…
Aren’t your friends a lot less guarded around you than your business contacts? How do you tear down the walls that exist between you and your professional connections–without getting too close to them?
Watch the video to find out!
- Listen for “loose bricks” – i.e. personal interests you can use to make your professional connections more personal.
- As soon as you spot a “loose brick,” write the information down.
- Take action with an appropriate gift or exchange of information. Remember that nobody cares how much you know until you show them how much you care.
- Share additional ideas on this page of how to build a stronger professional network.
Principles to Learn:
- Personal connections are STRONGER than professional connections.
- “Loose Bricks,” an idea by Brad Wilcox, applies as much to adults as it does to teens. They are the weak points in the walls we build around ourselves.
- Identifying people’s “loose bricks,” or personal interests, and then taking action is one of the best ways to make your professional connections more personal.